PLEASE NOTE: Metro has announced that in the case of
extreme snowfall (at least eight inches), they will only operate
underground rail service, which means there will be no rail service to
the Shady Grove Metro Station. Therefore, the policy for the King Farm
Shuttles will be that there will be no shuttle service at King Farm when
there is no Metro rail service to the Shady Grove Metro Station.
The three King Farm Shuttles have separate routes and provide
continuous-loop service through King Farm five days a week, Monday
through Friday, 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
All three shuttles take a break each morning between 10:30 a.m. and
11:00 a.m. and again in the afternoon between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
There is no service during these times.
If you have questions please contact the Dispatcher at 703-478-0911.
King Farm Shuttle Bus Now Requires King Farm ID
All riders must show a King Farm ID (Residential KEY FOB used
for pool or gym), King Farm shuttle card (used by apartments, office workers
and retail) or King Farm shuttle bus guest pass. If you do not obtain one of
these IDs, you will not be allowed to ride the King Farm shuttle bus to the
Shady Grove metro.
King Farm ID is now required at all shuttle bus stops within King Farm going to the Metro.
King Farm ID is not required at Metro coming into King Farm.
Below are acceptable forms of ID:
- King Farm Residents in Single Family, townhouses, or condos -- use a KEY FOB that you get
at the King Farm Management Office. KEY FOBS are giving out Monday thru
Thursday 8:30am to 4:30 pm and Friday 8:30am to 1:30pm. Send an email to
email@example.com with questions.
- If a guest riding with a resident who has a FOB, all they have to do is board the bus as the person with a FOB can bring 4 guests.
- If a guest riding without a resident, the resident should go to the King Farm Management Office and request guest passes. The guest will need 1 pass per person, per exit out of King Farm.
- King Farm Apartment residents-- should
obtain the King Farm Shuttle card with your apartment management office
- Renters of individual house or condo-- should check with your
landlord or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with your street
address) for clarification on whether you use the FOB or King Farm Shuttle
- King Farm Office workers -
must obtain their shuttle bus card from their office manager
- King Farm Retail workers--
must obtain their shuttle bus cards from their supervisor or manager
Residents obtain guest passes from the King Farm Management office.
Apartments obtain their guest passes from the Apartment management office.
Office and retail visitors obtain their guest passes from their office
- Ingleside Residents and workers-- must
obtain their cards from the Ingleside Management office.
If you have questions not answered here, please send an email to email@example.com
New GPS tracking system for King Farm Shuttle bus riders: